23 October, 2012

World police again


The third and the final US presidential debate is over. Who did win the debate, is not of my concern. Both of them sounded somewhat same and similar in the way they aired their foreign policies. All through the debate we heard the words Iran, Israel, China, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria being repeated all through the debate. In their rhetoric trying to woo voters they are just playing with nations. Sitting and watching the debate live midnight, I was getting irritated the way both of them dictating terms as if US is more than UN. I still doubt the efficiency and efficacy of the US to play again the role of world police or a protector of justice and democracy. I read it at the same time UN thinking of sending peace keeping force to Syria after forcing both the parties for a ceasefire. But Obama says the days are numbered for Asad in Syria and Romney suggesting supplying arms to the opposition there. I am sure that the coming days will see the response from Iran, Cuba, Venezuela and other countries mentioned there. Rightly China had already warned on the anti-China tone of both the candidates. Whatever may be, after watching the final debate I was not at all interested on who wins the election but I would say to both of them to have some respect to other nations. They are not play toys in their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment