05 February, 2011

Can God be praised to get things done? ............................gfxavier


The whole world is just moving on the managerial skills. People love to use their management practical at anyone and everyone. The world is just losing the sincerity and scoring on pleasing and coaxing others. The workers pleasing bosses, friends trying to please each other, coaxing the officials to get things done, students playing tricks and becoming favorites of teachers, spouses practicing these techniques at home  and if I need to explain, and the list get elaborated with the different ways of pleasing and coaxing. I am done seeing all these around me.
The application of the whole idea of pleasing and coaxing to spiritual ways is the present tragedy. People are so inebriated with the idea of praising and pleasing God. What do you think that God can be pleased or the graces bought with our effective managerial skills? He is never a victim of our praises and thanks. Please do not coax him, do not try to please and get favors. These are very illusions that are being propagated. He is not a weak God, who can be trapped with our skills of management. He is not so little and mean, to be positively and favorably affected by our coaxes and praises. Remember Matthew 7: 21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
He is all love who will not allow his children to lose their good ways. He is almighty, just, loving and strong. Please do not think to put him to test. So continue practicing politics among yourselves and not be a fool to think that your cheap ways of pleasing by praise and coax will trap the almighty into showering graces and blessing. He is not one with human feelings to be affected with this but he took a form of human for a short period of time to convince us direct about the salvation of God.
Be bold, do right, trust him in faith, live the life just, think straight, leave the cunning ways and the kingdom of God is yours. It is not the number of candles and the smoke of the incense that will bring you grace but the meaningful life and participation in the sacrificial love of Jesus. Live after the pattern of the Cross, live for others. More than the songs, symbols, wealth, gestures and rituals, he expects us to live a life worthy of your God. If you still believe in pleasing him, use the method of living a meaningful life rather than depending on words of praise. God is gracious and merciful. His love compels us to treat others with mercy and kindness. When we do something for one of Christ's little ones, we do it for Christ.  Do you treat your neighbor with mercy and love as Christ has treated you?
Try reflecting the following without any further interpretations or influence of wrong ideas, such as praise him the most and the things are done.
Matthew 25:31-46
"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'
Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'  Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;  for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'  Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'  And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Do not practice politics on God. People here on earth get pleased with our words of praise, but not GOD. Do not underestimate HIM. He is not human, but became human for a short period of time out of his humility. He doesn’t possess all traits of human feelings. Do not give him an earthly and kingly version of existence, requiring our praises and flamboyance. He is beyond our control. Do not be so selfish to think that he can be controlled with our words of praise. He cannot be the victim of our politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment