08 August, 2012

Self-reflection


Probably I was more organized and disciplined in my life during the formation years. It was some time when everything was set to a timetable. I did have time for everything, I mean for meditation, games, studies, recreation, fun, prayer and all. As I did grow in age and maturity so many of the set things disappeared and in the light of the extras freedom I began to enjoy after the formation years brought other habits.

The modern media did find a place in my everyday life. It became disorganized and gave it a way for spontaneity. Now with all the times being eaten up by the new language and the studies, I found myself being with printed papers, laptop, books, assignments, social media, etc. it was moving like a machine getting at a certain time and then at the university and other assignments. Every day I went to bed seeing the long list of things which I am supposed to do and thinking how I am lagging behind.

Even God was forgotten in my life due to the heap of the papers and notes from the lecture halls. I found no time for ‘me’ till I did meet someone who could light up my life. Yes, it was a lady who just asked me about my life as if someone sent her to do so. She made me to convince to spend every day 15 minutes in silence introspecting and reflecting about the whole day. It was a daily analysis of the day and it helps me now to make my next day better and more fruitful. All what that went away from my life came back.

So the last thing I do before I go to bed is to sit and cool myself reflecting the day behind me now. Yes God sends messengers to bring order in one’s life. Thank you, my beautiful lady messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment