16 April, 2011

Charlie Chaplin

‎"I love to walk in rain, because no one can see my tears"
“You have to believe in yourself, that's the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage, when I was roaming the street trying to find enough to eat, even then I thought of myself as the greatest actor in the world.” (Charlie Chaplin quotes)
Charlie Chaplin's 122 birthday today.
All his films have a sorrowful touch. His life was a tragedy and his mother's fate was really unimaginable. Poor charlie. He overcame all this to make others happy. He hid his life od pathos in himself and thought his vocation to make others happy....

Learn to smile and make others laugh even if you are in deep disgust and sorrow. I learned this from his life.


Exile in Switzerland
The victim of a witch-hunt during the McCarthy era in the United States, Chaplin was already in his 60s when, in 1953, he chose to live in exile in Switzerland with his family.

But the artist did not retire. He continued to make films, composed the musical scores to accompany re-releases of his silent movies and wrote his autobiography.

The Manoir de Ban is now destined to become the "Charlie Chaplin Heritage Site". A museum devoted to the film pioneer and the early days of Hollywood, the site will also include a movie theatre, an outdoor stage and a film school.

"There had been plans for a museum in London and for one in Hollywood," says Chaplin, the driving force behind the Swiss proposal.

"So when we came up with the idea for the Manoir de Ban, we had to persuade everyone that Switzerland was the best place - in the house where he spent the last 25 years of his life."
(http://www.swissinfo.ch)





"An den Scheidewegen des Lebensstehen keine Wegweiser."

"Ruhm hat nichts mit Popularität zu tun. Popularität hält manchmal nur von einem Klatsch zum nächsten."
“All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be desperately serious in my attempt to appear as a normal little gentleman.”
“I thought I would dress in baggy pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. everything a contradiction: the pants baggy, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large.”
(Chaplin quotes)

No comments:

Post a Comment